Business Retainer Plans
Determining the monthly cost: we look at how much time we think the job will take, adjust the pricing plans for upside and downside potential, and then review our time as we move forward against the fee that we have charged. We stay in contact with our clients, and if any adjustment to the monthly fee is warranted, communicate that to our clients right away. The fees get adjusted upward and/or downward, depending on the average resources required by the client.
Start Up Plan
Process up to 25 financial transactions per month
- Initial consultation
- Basic tax planning
- Complete setup of books and records
- Ongoing monthly bookkeeping service maintenance
- Quarterly reporting
Includes Start Up Plan Features
- Process up to 50 financial transactions per month
- Monthly/quarterly reporting
- Payroll tax compliance
- Annual business income tax returns (state included)
- Annual tax projection for the business entity
Includes Mid-Level Plan Features
- Process up to 175 financial transactions per month
- Sales/use tax compliance
- Annual business and individual income tax returns (state included)
- Annual tax projections for business and individual
- Cash flows and budgeting
Includes Extended Plan Features
- Extensive support
- 350+ transactions per month
- Full virtual and onsite support for multiple financial systems
- Foreign tax matters and calculations
- Sophisticated financial statement preparation and document retention
- Multi-state tax compliance and navigation
We offer a well-rounded suite of services. Here’s a sample of what a client would expect to receive under a monthly retainer plan.
(1) Sales tax: if not already done, we would register you with the state for sales tax withholding, and will calculate the sales tax due, as well as take responsibility for all sales tax filings. For any past-due filings, we would likely need to address notices and penalties relating to not registering for sales tax sooner, or for not timely filing the sales tax returns.
(2) Payroll: based on your individual situation, if warranted, we may administer the conversion of the firm from LLC to S-corporation status for tax purposes; set up or convert employee(s) in payroll, and be responsible not only for the required filings and submitting tax withholdings, but also will offer more of a payroll management & consulting service, where we would use our expert guidance in all aspects of the payroll, such as determining the appropriate compensation for officers, health insurance, and retirement planning tax strategies. While you maintain control over the actual payments to employees and contractors, there's a lot of value-added service you would receive from our "hand-holding", expertise, and custom payroll projection calculations. The value you would derive is the tax savings, and comfort knowing that you are backed by our guidance.
(3) Tax filings: assuming that the tax filings are up to date, we just need to take them forward. Prepare annual partnership/corporation tax filings. We will need to review the financials and will make recommendations as we go. Register to do business in the state, if applicable. We may also prepare your individual tax returns, if requested.
(4) Tax planning: we set aside time, usually three times per year, to review our clients' tax situation, prepare a tax projection, and then revisit it to adjust for any changes in the business as the year progresses. We usually begin in June/July, at halfway point in the year, to give us enough data to work with, and adjust estimated tax payments according to the tax projection. We then revisit the client's tax plan around September/October, and then again right before the year is over, to see if there may be any last minute tax strategies we need to take.
(5) Bookkeeping: We can customize the level of our involvement you would like to receive – from letting you take care of the bookkeeping, and having us review the books periodically, to assuming full responsibility over the bookkeeping function, and of course the cost really depends on the volume of transactions, and the resources we would have to dedicate to this.