All posts with tag

Nonresident Alien

17 / 03 / 2016 by Greg Freyman, CPA in Personal Tax

Are You a U.S. Nonresident Alien (NRA)?

Form 1040NR – U.S.Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return requires U.S. nonresident aliens (NRAs) to file this form if the NRA participated in any trade or business in the U.S. during the tax year and has U.S. source income.  Activities to include studying, teaching, or doing research in the U.S. are considered to be participating in trade or business within the U.S.  NRAs that were employees during the tax year and received wages would also need to file this income tax form.  For more information on Form 1040NR and its instructions, please visit this link:

Continue reading